Thursday 24 September 2009

Poll results (vegetarian)

I do/would do it for the animals 5 (62%)

I do/would do it for my health 5 (62%)

I do/would do it for the environment 5 (62%)

I am not veg and never will be 0 (0%)

I am not veg but try to eat veg sometimes 1 (12%)

I am not veg but want to be 0 (0%)


Results are in. Multiple answers allowed this time so a pretty across the board answer.

62% of voters said they do/would do (going veggie) for their health, the environment and the animals.

This is a pretty clear answer. Most people understand that there are many ways and reasons when it comes to choosing meat and /or dairy free, but which ever you choose the result is the same.
I maybe should have only allowed ONE answer and got a clearer picture of peoples priorities when it came to their reasons, but who am I to judge. I'm just glad you do it..or are at least thinking of it ;)

12% voted for not being veg but incorporating veggie meals into their life. This is fantastic. Just think, if every meat eating family had a meat free day once a week it would make a HUGE difference to all the right reasons.


Lloyd at 14 weeks. Had we not found and rescued her she would have been on someones plate by then.


Lloyd now at 9 months, very happy to be scratching at the daisies rather than pushing them up ;)


What do I think?

I think in this modern world there is no excuse for not at least having a meat break once in a while. I think there are so many fantastic meatless meals and snacks out there that once you try some you will eat them not only willingly but in preference to your boring meat.
You soon come to realise that most of the meat "taste" is only in the sauce/topping/accompaniment.

We went past a burger van today and my belly rumbled....was it the smell of meat?? Nope..it was the smell of fried onions ;)

Mini poll.....please answer!!!


Who is interested in some meatless recipes?? Some tried and tested family favourites to try yourself?
If you are please comment yes or no and say whether you would like a regular meat free day a week recipe posted here on the blog or maybe just once in a while.

I'm willing to help you over the hump ;)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting results, I used to always think being veg was a way to protest animal cruelty. I have since seen the light:)

    I still love my meat though. Although great point about the meat taste being the sauce and not the actual meat. I really think your right. You may convert me yet.

    I would love some meatless recipes!!!! We're trying to go veg once a week, you're right there is no excuse. As someone whose just embarking on the journey to veg town its a little overwhelming. Some of the ingredients in some reciepes are pretty foreign to me. So I would love some yummy, easy, get my feet wet reciepes. You are my veg guru!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *adopts guru type pose*
    heehee.

    Fantastic....Lets make Monday "meatless monday!"

    I'll cook, take pics and leave instructions so you can have your own meatless monday (or tuesday..or whenever ;)

    ReplyDelete

Fight Against Crush Videos :(

Classic Black Logo