Friday 18 September 2009

Miles and miles of smiles :D

I'm surprised at how many miles we are notching up on two wheels as a family.

Yesterday Kim took Ollie to art club in town on the bikes.They tried out their new lights as the evenings are drawing in and their 7pm finish means that, although not dark, it is getting "dimpsy".
We still haven't decided what to do in the winter about art club, when its already dark by 4.30 pm or earlier. I would love to try and find something similar on the weekends for him to do, otherwise we will have to drive him.
A couple of kids from school also go so I'll try and work out a car sharing rota if anyone is interested..if they don't mind their kids in the back of a landrover once every 3 or 4 weeks that is ;)
At least that way we are not only car sharing for us , but cutting others emissions as well!

Well that's my opinion and I'm gonna stick to it *heehee*

Me and Kim Cycled to Kellockbank garden centre today so a round trip of about 11 and 1/2 miles!
I tried to convince him that I needed a bag of compost but he wasn't impressed (meanie!).





The reason we went was to pick up our magazines. I love The Green parent magazine and particularly wanted this issue as it had a home education feature in it.
We also brought Permaculture magazine.
Both of these are published every two months so I don;t have to cycle that far again until November!!

The weather has been so lovely these last couple of weeks, ideal for me to get started in cycling again. Today was no exception so I remembered to take my camera today and show you the top of the road between our village and Town.





I have to say these photos do nothing to show you how steep the climb is! We live in a basin, this means that every time we get on a bike it is uphill straight away! Of course for every hill you pant and puff up, there is a nice long glide down (and visa versa! *groan*)

But its been getting better and better.

I'm feeling fitter than I have for years, my asthma is getting better, I have an inside thigh "burn" which MUST be a good thing!

Time to think about investing in some damn good waterproofs soon....I have no intention of letting a little rain dampen my smile :D

2 comments:

  1. Ugh! Hills are the bane of my existance! Especially when I'm pulling 50lbs of child! Great pictures, beautiful countryside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah..I'm lobbying to move to the netherlands or something..somwhere FLAT!! lol.

    There are sooo many hills around here, but then we live at the base of one in an area known as the gateway to the highlands....Where I used to live was so flat it was practiacally concave :P

    ReplyDelete

Fight Against Crush Videos :(

Classic Black Logo