Wednesday 19 August 2009

The unwitting campaigner.

I'm trying to find out all the things that are available in my area and have once again found myself in the position of campaigner to get a service re-instated.

This is not a task I enjoy..beyond this blog I am a wallflower.

A mobile library runs through this area so I got in touch to ask if they stopped in my village.
I was told not anymore.
Here's the kicker.
If I can find three other people to sign up they will consider re-instating it!
Talk about pressure!

So now I have to put my "people" hat on and *gulp* talk to them...*sigh*

But it could be worth it, it could be the start of young mums using it rather than carting the kids 20 miles away to use the library. It could get the old folks out of the house once a week! It could cut down my book spending bills!!

Ok..deep breath...I can do this..its a greater good thing.

Whimper.

3 comments:

  1. Three people...I'm sure you can do it!

    Having access to books is very important and it looks like a good way to get people around the community together.

    Bonne chance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job...only one left to go!

    ReplyDelete

Fight Against Crush Videos :(

Classic Black Logo