Monday 18 February 2013

The Good Life

Richard Briers is dead.

This is actually a really sad moment for me... (second only perhaps to the thought of David Attenborogh dying).

Many people in my age bracket will remember The Good Life.
Tom and Barbra transforming their suburban home and  garden into a hive of self sufficiency, not to mention looking back and realising that the home brew they shared with Margot and Jerry most likely fulled many a wife swapping party :P

The truth is though, that that show, and Toms dogged determination to make a go of it, made many people consider turning back to the land.

I imagine this is something that led to my parents buying John Seymores seminal book "Self Sufficiency" and to me spending hours pouring over the pages as a kid.


I still have the first copy they bought and although there are many things that are  impractical, there are many more that have proved invaluable over the years.

So here's to Richard Briers, may his hands be dirty in the afterlife.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fight Against Crush Videos :(

Classic Black Logo