Wednesday 1 December 2010

Xmas money savers part 1


So .... Time for the countdown!!!!
And what better way to mark the days off till Xmas than with an advent calender!
The last couple of years we haven't had one..... The plain one's with just pictures seemed to have disappeared, the chocolate ones in the supermarkets for obvious reasons are no good to us, and the vegan ones too expensive (including postage!).
I often thought I would like one of those lovely fabric calenders with pockets you could pop treats into but again money gets in the way of buying frivolities like that.

So this year I made my own!!!!!





First I cut out xmasy pictures from magazines. I have to admit to being a sucker for home magazines at Xmas so this is a perfect way to justify my consumerism ;)
I stuck the pictures onto thick paper and then cut them out again.



On the back I wrote little notes, Sing a specific Xmas song, draw a picture, give everyone a hug and some even have the word SWEET on the back so that the receiver gets a little treat that time.  




I drew a tree on our black board wall (although obviously a large bit of paper would do as well) and using blu-tac I stuck the numbered pictures on.

So now the boys are taking turns to pick their number off the tree and do what the card says! Healthier than 24 chocolates, cost nothing and the cards can be recycled after the big day!!!  


4 comments:

  1. Cheers! think I almost outdid myself this time lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,

    Here's the link I was looking for:

    How to Make a Christmas Card Ball http://www.ehow.com/how_2176645_christmas-card-ball.html

    I only used 4 circles for mine and made cute baubles for the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get together with friends (without your children) and have an 'Unwanted Gift/Toy Swap' prior to Christmas.

    You're sure to find some toys, books, toiletries, bikes, scooters, DVDs, games etc. that Santa could deliver, at your house, on Christmas morning!

    You'll also make some space for all the stuff that arrives at Christmas.......

    ReplyDelete

Fight Against Crush Videos :(

Classic Black Logo