Monday 26 April 2010

Community sharing ideas



I love movies.
In fact next to books they are the biggest vice I have in relation to hoarding and buying.

My name is Kelly and I am a movie whore.

Kim was getting antsy with all the space the DVD's and videos were taking up. But gosh darn it its so easy now to buy a DVD for £3 and then I can't let them go. I know I might want to watch them again, or I can put them away for when the kids are older.

So this was a conundrum.
How do I justify keeping all these DVD's (aaaaand occasionally adding to the collection) and yet still keep my green flag flying?

And so the Premnay Movie Club was born!!

Local friends and neighbors submit a list of movies they are happy to lend out and in return they can borrow from the existing list. No fee, no credits, no points system, just good will!

You can see the site I set up HERE to learn more.

 Little project like this are the way forwards I think, a way to claw back a little of the sense of community and sharing that's been lost over the years.

Its early days yet and I'm hoping it will all work out!!

What green community ideas are in your area? Or what ideas would you like to see set up??
Do share!             

2 comments:

  1. What a flipping good idea!

    Mum xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds a great idea! This could be adopted into any community.

    ReplyDelete

Fight Against Crush Videos :(

Classic Black Logo